Our eyes are the most precious and delicate organ of our body. There are several reasons responsible for the slightest infection or disease in the eyes. Family history of Diabetes etc affect the eyes greatly. One of the major reasons for Eye-Strain is ‘Digital Strain’. Today, when more than 75% of the population is using mobiles and computers, eyes are always facing the bright lights and harmful rays from the mobile and computer screens.
Digital Eye Strain is a prolonged irritation and discomfort that follows after prolonged use of digital devices such as laptop, smartphones, tablets, etc.. This happens when we use these gadgets for two or more hours. On an average, nearly 8 in every 10 individuals spend more than three hours every day on their digital device, with one in 10 people spending at least three-fourths of their waking hours on a digital device. Besides, there are people who use multiple devices at the same, putting excessive strain on eyes. This constant exposure to technology is what causes the risk of digital eye strain.
Normally, people don’t understand that when their eyes need rest. So, here are a few symptoms when you should take rest.
– Redness in Eyes.
– Itching in Eyes.
– Watering of Eyes.
– Blurred images.
– Heaviness in Head.
– Back, neck and shoulder pain
The Most Common Causes:
– Holding digital devices at the wrong angle or position – either very close or very far from eyes.
– Blue light emitted by digital devices increases eye strain.
– Increased Screen-timings also contributes to vision problems such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
– Prescription eyewear could strain eyes too as the corrective lenses you wear may not be intended for viewing the mid-distance range of computers and electronics.
The Preventive Cures:
One should take regular care of the eyes.
– Visit the best opticians nearby, Nayan Opticals is one of the best Optical shops in Indore.
– Wearing proper sunglasses while driving to protect the eyes from dust. You should; visit the Best Goggles shop in Indore.
– One should select the appropriate contact lenses, depending upon the power and usage. You can find the best contact lenses in Indore at Nayan opticals.